Watch my Back to Blonde video here! :)
My new hair! Woo hoo! :) Let me know what you guys think!
As many of you know if you follow me on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram yesterday I was super excited about getting highlights done! I haven't highlighted my hair in a really long time so I was a little nervous but I knew I wanted a change! I think the last time I had my hair coloured in Cork was about 5 years ago so I had no idea which salon to go to or what was even out there anymore. Through SalonAddict.ie I found V2 Hair in Ballyvolane and was really curious to try their organic highlights. These are 100% bleach & peroxide free and yes, safe for baby :)
My stylist Nicole was so lovely and professional...she did a full head of highlights using three different colours, a light brown, a dark blonde (similar to my natural colour) and a lighter blonde. She also gave my ends a quick trim and put a deep conditioning treatment through it. My hair felt AMAZING afterwards!
Here's the before shot! I had just washed it the night before and thrown it up in a bun so it wasn't styled or anything...I know it looks very straggly, lol!
Waiting for the colour to develop...the entire process (from start to finish) took about 4 hours!!
Taking out the foils...look how crazy blonde my hair looked at first!! Jofus wanted it to stay like that...ha ha ha :) It reminded him of Khaleesi from Game of Thrones!
My pink towel :)
Blown out and styled in rollers...getting ready to go home!
This was such a wonderful experience -- Nicole told me to maintain this will be very easy as we went so natural and close to my own hair colour. Next time I visit I will only need to get the roots touched up in about 8 weeks which of course, is a much faster process. She also gave me lots of great tips and product suggestions which I will share with you guys soon...and to my surprise she told me my hair was in excellent condition, who knew?! I always thought it was much more damaged than it looked but apparently not! :) Yay for healthy hair!
Thank you so much to SalonAddict for this opportunity, and of course to V2 Hair for allowing us to film & take lots of pictures of the entire process. Some information about SalonAddict:
- SalonAddict.ie has over 250 salons to choose from
- SalonAddict.co.uk has over 750 salons in London to choose from (if you live in the UK!)
- Customers can book their hair and beauty services online at a salon near them (I find this part really appealing as I do everything online!)
- The further in advance that you book, the cheaper it is (advance booking discount)
- The site is easy to use, where you can compare pricing, reviews, location and availability instead of phoning a bunch of salons
- You pay a small deposit online to confirm the booking and they accept all major credit & debit cards. The balance is then payable in the salon when you go in for the service.
Let me know if any of you have tried SalonAddict before and if you like it/what your experience was like! I would love to hear about it :) And of course let me know what you think of my new hair!! I couldn't be happier!
Disclaimer: This opportunity was kindly offered to me by SalonAddict for free. I was not paid for my review/blog post and am not affiliated with the company in anyway. My 100% honest opinion, as always :)